The Ecker Short Story Prize for first-year students
Spring Term Deadline:
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 by 5:00 p.m.
The Ecker Short Story Prize honors a short story written by a Harvard freshman. Submissions will be accepted electronically. To enter, submit an original short story (or several stories) totaling no more than 25 pages to the submission dropbox on the Harvard College Writing Program website. To submit, you must log in to the Harvard University system at the top of the page:
Go to: http://writingprogram.fas.harvard.edu
Click on Exposé Magazine
Use the “Submissions” tab to access the Ecker Short Story Prize dropbox
- All submissions must be double-spaced
- All submissions must be submitted in Microsoft Word or a compatible program
- All submissions must be written in English
- Fill out the entry form on the submission page
- Include the title of the story on the first page of the manuscript
- Don’t include your name anywhere on the manuscript
Freshmen are eligible to submit stories for the Ecker Prize at both the fall deadline and the spring deadline. If you submitted a story in January and want to submit an additional story at the May deadline, the submissions cannot total more than 25 pages.
The winner will receive a generous award, with the possibility of online publication.
Questions? Contact Karen L. Heath at KLHeath@fas.harvard.edu